Updated: Mar 30
I wanted to create a blog post to highlight our difference as each year there are a number of new Sydney event caterers and Sydney paella caterers which launch their businesses. Each claim to offer different selling points such as the best paella in Sydney.
Of course we are not going to claim that we have the best paella in Sydney. We do however invite you to try it for yourself with our $10 tasting.
Since 2013 we have been offering paella events, paella parties and Sydney paella catering. We have learnt a great deal over this time and have refined our offering over these years with huge success in the Sydney market.
We still provide great tasting and quality paella but have noticed that there are some differences with the Australian palate compared to the Spanish palate. As this is the case, we have adjusted our offering in a few ways to ensure our clients are happy with what we are offering and that they keep coming back.
1. All our seafood is Australian - our clients are quite particular about this and from day one we have only provided Australian seafood. Queensland banana prawns, New South Wales Clarence River calamari, South Australian Kinkawooka mussels and Tasmanian salmon.
2. Our prawns are peeled - this is something which has come about from client feedback over the last few years. All our prawns are now peeled to help make our paella easier to eat whilst standing up and with a drink in one hand. By making our paella easier to eat, it means our clients can enjoy it more.
3. Our paellas aren't spicy - some paellas are, however we use a mild chorizo and no chilli to ensure the paella is ok to eat for everyone. We do requests though, so if you would like a spicy chorizo, please let us know and we would be more than happy to accomodate.
4. We come from a catering background - and Paella amor has a sister company called Boardwalk Catering (www.boardwalkcatering.com.au) We are experienced event caterers and don't operate from home. We have a full commercial kitchen where we prep and can provide everything from event hire, alcohol, styling and even entertainment.
5. We only come to cook - A lot of paella caterers in Sydney prepare everything on site which we think is really inconvenient. Just think, you are getting ready for your party, organising the house, getting dressed and before all of this happens your caterers show up. You don't want to be looking for your undies whilst the caterers are bumping in. We prepare everything at our commercial kitchen and only arrive 1 hour prior to your guests to ensure you are not inconvenienced. Of course everything is cooked fresh onsite, but all cutting, stock preparation, blending and prep is done back at our HQ.
6. Our protein to rice ratio is greater than for a traditional Spanish paella - Don't get me wrong, traditional Spanish paella is delicious, however; we know Australians love meat and seafood. That is why we have adjusted our recipe to have a greater amount of protein than rice. Of course it may not be the traditional way of doing things, but we like to give our clients what they want (and just quietly, we think it tastes better too!)
So there we have it, the main differences between us and the others. Of course this list will evolve over time so stay tuned for our next instalment.
If you have an event coming up and think we can help, please contact us to get started.